Thursday, March 22, 2012

Staying Strong to the Finish Line!!!

I have less than 2 months left before the one year anniversary of my surgery. I have really been struggling lately with following the rules and have gotten myself into a really bad slump. The good news is that I went to my support group last night and found out that I'm not alone which always makes you feel a little better, right? The counselor came right out and asked me if I was ready to level off and start Maintenance without having reached my goal weight. I hesitated a little, I'm not going to lie, but when I really thought about it, No, I'm not going to be happy with myself for stopping so close to my goal. If I don't do it now, what are the chances I will ever do it?

So, I'm re-committing to reaching my goal weight. I'm going back to 3 small meals a day and nothing passes my lips that isn't a protein or vegetable. I'm hoping that if I stick to this plan I'll be able to be back in ketosis again in 3 - 4 days. If I keep up the exercise routine I've been doing, there isn't any reason why I shouldn't be able to get the rest of my weight off in time. So, I'm making myself accountable. On May 17th, exactly 56 days from now, I'm going to step on the scale and be at my goal weight of 150 pounds. It's going to be tough, but I'm tougher! Especially when I look at what I've been able to accomplish so far. So, wish me luck - I'm sprinting to the finish line!!!

I know this picture is kind of creepy, but it was a good visual for me to see the difference between a 250 pound woman and a 150 pound woman. I feel so bad for making my body carry around all that extra fat for so long. It's amazing all the places your body can store fat. I'm so close to being that 150 pound woman and putting that 250 pound woman far behind me! I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment