Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another 5K Under My Belt!!!

Last Saturday I ran my second 5K at Riverton City's event Run4Life. Even though the wind was definitely an obstacle, I was still able to shave 7 minutes off my time since my last 5K in October. I crossed the finish line at 29 minutes and couldn't be happier! My goal is to run 6 races this year, so I only have 5 left and I'm already registered for another one at the end of April. I hope to be running an 8 minute mile by the time I run my last 5K in October.

My husband bought me a sweet running watch for my birthday that tracks my time, distance, mph, route and even more! It's going to help me make my training a lot more productive. Who knows... maybe someday I'll even run a marathon!!!
It started out a very cold, windy day, but by the end of my run I was anything but chilly!!!
Hurray for runner #716. Hey, that's me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment