Thursday, February 21, 2013

Let Me Hear Ya Say "YAY" and "YIKES"

Me and my hubby at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau, Bahamas.
Time for an update! The holidays have come and gone and fortunately all the weight I gained over the holidays is gone too. Once I buckled down I easily got off the 10 pounds I had just as easily gained. My "Good News" moment is that I just got back from a cruise with my husband a few weeks ago, and came back 2 pounds lighter than when I left. I've never LOST weight on a cruise before (case in point - my dear husband gained 15 pounds!!!)

Unfortunately, I can't take all the credit even though I actually was very disciplined in my eating and worked out several times. The main reason I lost weight is because I was soooo sick thanks to being 6 weeks pregnant! I think that calls for a "Yay" and a "Yikes"! This will be my second child and I couldn't be happier. Although having to gain weight is causing me all kinds of anxieties. This is going to be a very tricky balance. I'll have to modify my eating and exercise habits now, and face the fact that I'm going to get BIG again.

I am hoping that this pregnancy will be much easier than my first since I'm 150 pounds lighter this time around, but it also means I'm in uncharted territory. Although I can't deny the fact that I am really excited to actually look like I'm pregnant. With my first pregnancy I was 8 months along before you could really tell I wasn't "just" fat. I have a feeling I'm going to be using this blog as an outlet to express my fears as the weight and inches start coming on. I'll try to get some pictures up as well. Wish me luck in this new adventure!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you look gorgeous and that you're going to do great!
    My rule for pregnancy is ignore the number and instead focus on your overall feeling. Do everything you feel like you can and the rest will balance out.

    ReplyDelete