Tuesday, April 2, 2013

16 Weeks and Still Smiling...



Another month has come and gone since my last post, and I’m now a happy and healthy 16 weeks pregnant. This month has had its ups and downs. Good news is that my sickness is all but gone and I felt my little baby move for the first time a couple of days ago, which is by far the coolest part about being pregnant! Bad news is that I spent several hours the other day going through clothes and storing almost half of them away because I can no longer zip them up. I knew that day would come – I just honestly didn’t expect it to come so soon.

Even though I haven’t gained any weight in pounds yet, in fact I’m actually still down from my beginning weight, my stomach has gained inches – seemingly every day! I knew I would get bigger faster than usual because 1) it’s my second baby, and 2) I have absolutely zero elasticity left in my skin. It’s almost like my stomach is saying, “Yeehaw! I get to stretch out again!”

It’s hard looking farther along than I am, and I have to admit when complete strangers ask me how far along I am, I tend to lie and give myself an extra month or two! As the second trimester continues, and the weight will start coming on, I have to try to stay positive and know that the weight is not only healthy for the baby, but it will only be temporary. I will be able to get back into those clothes again, right? (and hopefully without the help of Dr. 90210!!!) So far so good – no emotional weight gain breakdowns yet. Let’s just hope I can keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you look practically perfect. You're going to have another adorable baby. (And yes, let's face it you make good babies.)

    ReplyDelete