Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happily and Healthily Gaining Weight

Sorry it's been over 12 weeks since my last post, but it's safe to say that no news is usually good news - and luckily that happens to be the case. My pregnancy is progressing fabulously. It's everything I'd hope it would be - weight gain and all! I'm currently up 15 pounds, which I couldn't be happier about. It's a healthy gain and even though I'll be probably still go up more, I'm alright with it and taking it in stride. Even though my exercise routine isn't what it used to be, I still try to be "active" everyday - whether it's going on a walk, lifting light weights or doing the elliptical machine for an hour while I watch my guilty pleasure "The Bachelorette" - it's all good. :)
Me at 28 weeks pregnant. I've definitely put on an inch or two around my waist!
Some other happy, exciting news is that my sister was able to get the gastric bypass just two weeks ago - almost two years to the day that I had mine! She too had Dr. Sherman Smith as her surgeon, and everything went great. I can't express how thrilled I am for her. She's doing phenomenal, and I couldn't be more proud. She has far surpassed my expectations of where she'd be right now, and believe it or not, I can't wait for her to loose even more weight than me and kick my trash! And who knows, with my weight going up and hers dropping like crazy, it just might happen sooner than later. Kudos to my sis, and may she cherish every new freedom this opportunity will give her!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment